are made from Free Machining, Free Cutting, Leaded Brass, 300 Series Stainless Steel or Aluminium which are Passivated and Tested to ASTM Standard. Molding Inserts are available in any metric or imperial sizes as per custom specification.
Following are the
Specification of Molding Inserts:
- Installed during the molding process, The Molding Inserts are located in the mold cavity by core pins.
- When the mold opens, the core pins are withdrawn leaving the inserts permanently encapsulated in the plastic section with only the thread exposed.
- Installing the Molding Inserts during the Molding Process eliminates the need for secondary steps or installation equipment.
- Pilot diameter and undercuts allow plastic to flow into grooves providing high pull-out resistance.
- Molding Inserts are available in varying lengths for injection molding assemblies.
- Molded Inserts feature a patented design for molded-in use.
- Close Tolerance of minor thread diameter and careful burnishing of inner thread crests assure snug fit on pins.
- Molding Inserts are available with deformed threads to create prevailing torque locking feature to prevent screw loosening due to vibration.
- Molding Inserts are classified in Self-Locking and Blind Inserts.
- Blind-End protects the threads from plastic insertion.
- Uniform Knurl diameter reduces the risk of sink marks.
- Extremely flat ends on Molding Inserts mean no leakage of material on the face of the mold.
- Molding Inserts meet RoHS Requirement and UL Listed.
- Standard Molding Inserts are ideal for Light Weight Application.
- Molding Inserts provide Strong, Reusable and Permanent Threads.
- General Range of Molding Inserts proportioned for Maximum Holding threads.
- For Moulding-In to Injection molded thermoplastic and thermoset.
- Designed for Molded-In application where high torque and pull out performance is required.
Dimension specification of Molding Inserts
|Thread Code (I)||Length A ±0.13 / H Min.||E Nom.||C ± 0.13||S1 Nom.||S2 Nom.||Minor Dia. Min./Max.|
|Min. No. of Full Threads|