DIN 7516 Screws
DIN Standards are issued for a variety of components including industrial fasteners as DIN 7516 Self-Tapping Screws or Thread-Cutting Screws. DIN 7516 Screws are manufactured from stainless steel Grade A2 and A4, Brass, Alloy Steel or many other materials. DIN 7516 Screws are available in a wide range of sizes, shapes and materials.
Following are the specification of DIN 7516 Screws:
- DIN 7516 Self-Tapping Screws forms A, D, E with a cross shaped slot.
- Complies GOST 10619-80, GOST 10620-80 and GOST 10621-80.
- Flat Countersunk Head Cross Recessed (Philips) Drive thread cutting screws.
- Self-Tapping Screws with blunted tip and specialized grooves in their threads that are designed to help remove material from pilot hole in the substrate.
- Zinc Coating increase the service life of DIN 7516 Screws in conditions of high humidity, thereby protecting the screw from corrosion of the metal.
- The grooves on the screw enhances the ability of the DIN 7516 flat countersunk head cross recessed (Phillips) drive thread cutting screws to tap its own thread.
- The ideal diameter of the pilot hole should be determined on the basis of adequate testing.
- Flat Countersunk Heads have a flat top surface and a cone shaped bearing surface with a head angle of approximately 90°.
- The DIN 7516 Fasteners under consideration cut the threads themselves, which will be useful also when the required threaded hole is deformed and new threads need to be cut.
- Used in Construction Applications.
- A slightly smaller core pilot hole diameter can be used for thin walled substrates made from softer materials.
- Used for application where the head must be flush with the mating surface of the substrate.
Dimension specification of DIN 7516 Screws
|CROSS RECESS SIZE||1||2||2||3||4|
|core hole *)||2.7||3.6||4.5||5.5||7.4|